Wednesday, September 12, 2012

It's a.......

BABY!!!  We had our mid-pregnancy ultrasound today.  And yes, to the disappointment of some of you, we held strong and didn't find out what we are having; other than what appears to be a very happy healthy baby.  For us that is enough, we are just so excited to be in this spot in the first place all that matters is our babies health. 

I am pretty amazed at how much our little nugget has grown in the last 5 weeks.  To go from a mere 4 ounces all the way to 12 (aka a soda can) in that short amount of time is just astonishing to me.   Which I am sure means that I am in for some pretty big shocks over the next few months as this baby continues to grow like a little weed.  Especially since though I am just 19 weeks baby was measuring at over 20 weeks.  I guess I can thank my Mom and my good ol' Scandinavian heritage for that one.  I always knew that if I ever got lucky enough to have a baby of my own that I was destined for a large baby.  That's what happens when you were 10lbs 10oz and your great grandmother had a 14lb child.  My family doesn't have babies...we have toddlers.  ;-)

I have determined, there are truly no words to describe the feeling that you have seeing that little life growing inside of you.  It's one of those things that you know conceptually what is happening, but then to see that little person moving and growing inside of YOU is a whole other experience.  I really never knew how much I would grow to love going to the Dr. and staring at a TV or monitor for 45 minutes.  But man, my life literally has begun to revolve around these glimpses and appointments.  And wow, every time you see that baby the love that you feel just grows exponentially.  I am already overwhelmed with feelings of love for our child so I can't even imagine how much that feeling is going to intensify when I meet him/her for the very first time and hear that first cry.  I know all of you that are already Mom's are probably nodding and smiling thinking "oh she has no idea" as you read this.  I am sure I really don't...I just know I can't wait to experience it. 

Now on to the FUN stuff!  We got a few very fun pictures that I wanted to be sure to share.  I just have to say that I am PRETTY sure that Tone and are have made the cutest baby ever! 

Here is the ever necessary skull picture, I threw in the one with the labels to make it easier for everyone to figure out.  I really do find it odd that even this picture I think is adorable.  Pretty sure that means I have the "mom bug". 


Here is the profile picture.  It's a good thing our u/s tech grabbed this when she did.  As it turns out our baby may already be a little stubborn like Mom & Dad as shortly afterwards, proceeded to roll over and bury it's face as far away from the u/s wand as possible.   I just love how much you can see in this picture: the little heart, the brain and all it's different parts, the spine, etc.  SO amazing!!

The spine, and a better look at how much of an effort baby was putting into getting as far away from that annoying u/s wand as possible.  I was very relieved to hear the spine looks perfectly normal especially as we opted not to do any of the prenatal testing. 

And last but not least, the little leg, foot and cute little butt.  :)  To which my sweet husband immediately pointed out "I think the kid has my calves...those are huge!" I have determined that Tone seems to think that our baby is getting everything from him.  But in this case...I have to agree, those things ARE huge!!  Which I hope means we have a future little linebacker on our hands, or possibly a future Olympic sprinter or Volleyball player if we are having a girl. 

Hmm...well I think I promised this one was going to be shorter, but I am certain I didn't accomplish that goal.  Turns out I may just have a lot to say about our dear, sweet baby.  So I really hope you guys don't mind all the "babble", it appears I just can't help myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment