Monday, September 10, 2012

It's finally happened, and everything else that has happend in the last 19 weeks

We are finally here...finally.  The thing we have been hoping, wishing and praying for the last three years has finally come true.  WE ARE GOING TO BE PARENTS!!!!  Granted, I realize all of you already know this, but since this is my first post I have to "catch-up" on the last 19 weeks of my life. 

I will remember the morning that we found out for the rest of my life.  It started out like a normal "having people over" Saturday morning.  Which means, my hubby was out of bed with a quickness at the crack of dawn so he can start his meat preparations.  See it was already a big day in our house, we were celebrating Tone's birthday...which also means he is allowed to make copious amounts of meat and his wife (the vegetarian) can't say anything.  Because I was feeling exhausted (little did I know why) and the idea of prepping meat at 5:00 in the morning on a Saturday didn't excite me all that much I stayed in bed until about 8:00.  We had decided the night before that it made sense for me to take a pregnancy test since I was "late" so far in June.  I honestly, hadn't really thought too much about it since it had happened before and we had started the adoption process.  So I had come to terms and was looking forward to becoming a mom on that path.  All of which meant I was certain I was just going to take another pregnancy test just to take one.   Now when I say that I have become to despise those little plastic things over the last three years, well that is literally an understatement.  Taking one of those had become to being equal in my mind to being force fed a rare steak, plucking out all of my eyelashes one by one, sliding down a banister of razor blades...well you get the idea.  Part of me was half convinced they really didn't work and it was just another ploy to get us women to spend money on something else.   So needless to say I was really not looking forward to the task ahead.  Long story short (and I will spare you the details) before I knew it...I looked down and the digital display said "pregnant".  I think I literally did a triple take before it set in what it said.  To which I immediately began to scream "OH MY GOD!!" over and over and over while running through the house, flinging my "pee stick" as I ran to find my hubby so we could share in this moment together. 

I didn't want to get rid of my "stick" after I saw it, I was so afraid that if I didn't stop staring at it, it wasn't going to still be real.  So I decided to take a picture of it, so I would have it to look at whenever I had a moment of disbelief (which there were plenty) over the next few weeks. Plus I decided it was a lot more sanitary to carry around a picture vs. the actual "stick".   It's hard to know you're pregnant when you're not sick (don't get me wrong I am NOT complaining) and are just overly emotional (which as you all know isn't all that unheard of for me), so it was nice to have this picture to fall back on.  I literally think this may have been my favorite picture, until I saw my nugget for the first time. 



Fast forward 3 excuciatingly long weeks to our first pre-natal appt.  I was SO nervous before and during the appt until I saw my little nugget.  I think it was mainly because we were so used to getting the rug pulled out from underneath us, there was a little voice in the back of my mind that was certain it was going to happen again.  It was so bad I was shaking (literally) and my blood pressure was 140/100 or something ridiculous like that.  After what seemed like three hours it was finally time to do the ultrasound.  I think I literally held my breath until I saw my little nugget for the first time, and then saw the heartbeat.  It was the cutest little alien I had ever seen in my entire life.  I immediately started crying and fell head over heels in love.  There it was, my proof there was a baby, that it may actually REALLY happen.   


Tell me...isn't that the cutest little "blob" you have ever seen! Or is it just me???  :)


Now was that dreaded 4 week wait until I was 12 weeks and officially in the "safe zone".  Talk about the longest 4 weeks of my entire life.  Now that I was finally pregnant all I wanted to do was shout it from the rooftops, and I had to keep it all locked up.  Which became increasingly difficult as each week went by as my clothes were getting tighter, and tighter and my "growing" secret was getting really hard to conceal.  I think it was pretty obvious by the time we started to spill the beans that I wasn't just getting chubby.   It was at our 12 week appt we got to hear the heartbeat for the first time.  Wow...how amazing is THAT?!?!?  I thought I loved my little nugget before...turns out nope..that little sound made me fall even harder for our baby.   

We then had to have another ultrasound the following week so I was able to see our baby again.  Which now looked more like an actual baby.  While we were watching the baby put on quite a show, there was playing with feet, a little thumb sucking, hands by the face, legs tucked under, and all other wonderful things that I was amazed to see someone that was just 4oz do.  And yep...you guessed it...I fell even harder.



Isn't that the CUTEST little profile...ever?!?!?

Now here I am pushing 19 weeks (tomorrow) and all is well.  Baby is growing like a weed and I have started to feel movements pretty regularly.  We are treating every single day as though it is the blessing that it is and I am loving every moment of this new chapter of our lives.  I honestly have been so fortunate with my pregnancy so far.  Other than some swelling...okay maybe a lot of swelling and a sore back I have felt so good (sorry Tiff).  But to be honest even if it had all been awful so far I would still love and cherish every single moment.  

I have my mid-pregnancy ultrasound on Wednesday and just can't wait to see my little nugget again.  I really don't have any idea how we are already almost halfway there, but I can't wait to get to the finish.  I can't wait to see what the next 4.5 or so months have to offer, and for the day that feeling our baby move is something that is a regular thing.  I will definitely post pictures after Wednesday and any videos that I can.  I will also go back through and find all of my belly pictures so far so you can all see how far I have come.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment