Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Quick update

I am sorry I have yet again been MIA.  Things have been a little crazy both at work and at home trying to prepare ourselves for the event that is going to turn our worlds upside down, but in the best way possible.

Quick update on me, I am officially 36 weeks (aka 9 months)!  I can't believe it!  On one hand it really feels like it was just a few short weeks ago that I found out that we were having a baby, but yet the farther I go the more it feels like it has been every bit of 9 months.  Overall I am still feeling pretty good, but I am starting to have more and more uncomfortable days/moments than previously.  Sleeping has turned into a bit of a joke, but I just tell myself that it's all in preparation for our little ones arrival.  But I really can't complain too badly, as I don't yet have to pee every 5 minutes.  I can still get around "pretty well", and I am not miserable 24 hours a day.   Baby C has decided that the lack of room isn't going to stop him/her from moving as much as possible throughout the day.  The only problem seems to be for Mom, as those movements are now much more uncomfortable than ever before.  But they are also highly entertaining to watch as it looks like my entire belly has "waves". 

We go Thursday this week for our last ultrasound before Baby C gets here.  It's at this ultrasound I will get a rough estimate of Baby C's current weight and what the Dr thinks Baby C will be when born.  I am pretty excited....and very nervous about that at the same time.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that Baby C won't be as big as Mommy.  My Dr is also going to check me for the first time at our appt.  I am not really sure what to expect there. I can't imagine that it is going to be pleasant but I also am excited to see if anything is happening yet.  Especially as I have started to get pretty regular Braxton Hicks that feel like good ol' Aunt Flow is coming to town.  So hopefully that means that things are starting to progress.   I will be sure to give an update once I have one.

I do have some pictures from Baby C's ultrasound at 30 weeks, updated belly pictures, and pictures from my shower a couple months ago that I need to post as well.  I was going to include them in this post but for some reason it isn't letting me post them right now.  So I will keep trying so you can all see updated pictures.

We do have the nursery 99% done as well.  We should be getting the pictures that I ordered sometime late this week, so its our plan to get those and our shelves put up and then I will make sure to take pictures and post them on here as well. 

Overall things are so good and we are getting SO excited about meeting our little peanut for the first time.  I can't wait to hold our little one in my arms and kiss him/her for the very first time.  Ahhhh...I am getting all misty eyed just thinking about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment