Thursday, December 13, 2012

Case of the hormones

I have been meaning to put this post up for a while now, sorry that I have been MIA things have been crazy! I told a couple of my friends about this story and they all thought it was funny enough that I should make sure to write it down for my own memories as well as to share with all of you.

As most of you know Tone and I are HUGE, and I do mean HUGE Halloween fans.  It is hands down our favorite Holiday of the year and we go all out with decorations every single year. It is literally so bad that we are known in our neighborhood as the "Halloween House".  This year was no exception even in my current state.  Typically we like to hit the "after Halloween sales" to get the best deals possible to add to our Halloween Hoard.  This year we decided that we didn't need to hit the day after sales since we now officially have 18 totes and 14 boxes (yep you read that right) but still needed to grab a couple of things.  So the Saturday after Halloween we hit up two places that we thought we could find what we were looking for. 

Our first stop was Meijer, for those of you out West, this is a rather large grocery store that also has clothes, home goods, etc in it, almost like a Super Target.   Upon our arrival we both determined that we needed to use the restroom facilities.  Meijer is one of those strange stores that their bathrooms are not technically located in the store, but in a transition area that is no longer "outside" but it also isn't inside of the store either.  We both part ways to our respective bathroom to take care of our "business".   Once I get done using the facility I walk out and don't see Tone standing in the transition area waiting for me.  I thought this was a little strange as I literally have never beaten him out of a restroom before; but especially thought it was strange since these days EVERYthing takes me at least twice as long to accomplish.  So I took a quick glance inside the store and didn't see him.  Which I thought meant he realized that he needed to take care of a little more business than originally anticipated.  Which, for those of you who know my husband well, this doesn't seem that outside of the realm of possibilities. 

Like a good wife I decided to continue to wait in the transition area for him so he didn't wonder where I was and worry once he got out of the restroom.  I waited.....I waited.....and I WAITED for him to come out and still nothing.  I begin to get a little worried so I do another quick look inside of the door of the store but still do not see him.  At some point I realize that I have seen about 10 men go in and out of the bathroom and still no sign of my darling husband.  So again, as the good wife, I begin to get a little worried about him, especially since it's been somewhere close to 10 minutes.  At this point I decide I should probably text him to see where he is at and then I wait....some more.  A couple minutes later I finally get a response which says "I'm in the store." 

Well...as I am sure you can imagine in my current hormonal state, this response did not sit very well with me.  So I proceed to stomp through the doors to get me into the store, and in the meantime I see him come around a corner.  This was enough to set me off completely, as not only was he in the store the entire time I was waiting for him, he was in an area that I couldn't even SEE him to know to come in.  Once I have him in my line of sight I proceed to yell at him....at the top of my lungs....in front of the greeter and anyone else who happened to be in my war path at that moment.  I believe the first words out of my mouth were "WHY didn't you wait for me?!?!?!?!" followed by "I have been standing out there in that filthy area for the past TEN minutes!!!" Not waiting for a response "I can't BELIEVE you didn't wait for me?!?!"  Again not waiting for a response "I waited for YOU, why didn't you allow me the same courtesy and wait for ME?!?!"

As you can imagine he didn't have a whole lot to say in response.  I am pretty sure it was wise of him not to say anything as at that moment in my seeing red hormonal state.  I don't think there was anything that he could have said that would have made any difference.  Once I had finished yelling I proceeded not to speak to him for the next 30 minutes.  He would ask me something and I would just grunt or give a one word answer in response.  I was still livid for quite a while.

After a while I started to see a little more clearly and definitely a lot less red, which made me get a little bit of perspective on the situation.   Much to my dismay, I realized once I was no longer looking at the world under a haze of red, that it really wasn't the end of the world that he didn't wait for me.  Did it still annoy me?  Yep.  Would I still yell at the top of my lungs at him in the middle of the store?  Nope.  Would I have waited for him, if the roles were reversed?  Of course.   Was I EVER going to admit I may have overreacted?  NEVER in a million years. 

Overall throughout my pregnancy I really have been so happy that even on my most uncomfortable days I really haven't been grouchy or mean.  But believe me, I have had a couple moments where the wrath of all these hormones have come to play.   So definitely don't feel too badly for Tone, he really hasn't had it too bad these past 8 months.  I just feel way too blessed to finally be in these shoes to ever feel anything but grateful.....just as long as you don't go into a store and not wait for me to come out of the bathroom.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment